Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes 200g left over ham, roughly torn
2 cups vegetables, roughly chopped
1 cup kale, finely sliced
40g unsalted butter
40g plain flour
50g grated cheese (tasty or Parmesan) 2 cups potato crisps to garnish
Step up your left-over game with this versatile way to use up turkey, ham, cheese, or greens!
1. Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
2. Place the ham, vegetables and kale in a large bowl.
3. To make the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a medium size pan.
4. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in the milk and cheese and whisk until thickened for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour the bechamel sauce over the ham and vegetables and gently stir to combine.
7. Pour into a large baking dish (2.5 – 3 litre capacity).
8. Arrange chips on top and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until hot and golden. Serve immediately.